I don’t know how this works, it just does.
While Joe Dirt’s dad is one of the worst examples for what’s good to do, I love the quote because there are some things we don’t (or can’t) question, yet we expect a result.
Everyone who is self-employed has their own way of coping with the ups and downs of stress, workflow and cash flow, among other daily dramas. This is mine – meditating by prayer, usually very early in the morning. This is about the only way I can slow down and center, and remember what’s really important. I think that’s because it requires mental, physical and spiritual activity all at once, and that’s a lot of coordination for me. I know other people who do this too, funny enough. But no one really talks about it. Hence, the blog post.
This fits neatly with all of my other Catholic mom stuff, like sprinkling holy water on kids as they argue, and telling my husband not to take the Lord’s name in vain if he accidentally lands on Fox News.
So, for those who are interested, here’s how it’s done. Yes, it’s not exciting. It’s like the lima bean of spirituality. It’s good for you, and easier than say, walking on burning coals each morning.
The 15 Promises to those who recite the rosary
- Whoever shall faithfully serve Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise My special protection and the greatest graces to all who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful in reciting the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory, those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of Me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by Me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from My Divine Son, that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors, the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are My sons, and brothers of My only son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to My Rosary is a great sign of predestination.